this photograph intrigues me so much! why isn’t this the most famous photo from 9/11 instead of the falling man? isn’t 2 people holding hands after jumping more significant than 1 man? it makes me wonder what the story is behind this photo, were they friends or lovers? or just strangers who were too scared to jump alone? it shows that people need a helping hand even in their final moments, i love it.
Fucking reblog today; tomorrow. Any day I see it on my dash. Beautiful. I for one think they were strangers. Sometimes it’s easier to care for a stranger, how else would they have found the courage to not only jump, but to look into someone’s eyes and jump. I don’t think I could have done that if I knew the person well.
that’s a powerful photo
The last time you pushed me away was the day I completely stopped trying to fix you.
I poured every fiber of my being into you for several years.
I assembled you back together delicately, piece by piece
Only to have you smash us both into smithereens, not caring where you scattered me.
You spent several years obliterating every single piece of me
Making sure there was no way it could be repaired
Just so I could feel how it felt to be completely broken.
Everytime I tried to make you whole, you dragged me down with you.
I never cared that I was irreparable.
I only cared about trying to repair you.
I feel like it’s my fault we’re broken into a million pieces.
I tried to be the glue that held you together
But I never knew I needed to physically hold you together to make sure you stayed.
You made me believe you could fix yourself on your own.
I thought I could fix myself on my own too.
I thought you didn’t need my help because everytime I tried, you demolished me even more.
You pushed me away to the point of no return.
I don’t even know if I should come back this time.
But I have a feeling if I don’t, you’ll destroy yourself until there’s nothing left.
And everyone will blame me for not being there to make you feel complete.
I wish we weren’t this dependent on each other.
I wish there was a way we could feel complete without each other.
But we’re the only ones that know how every single piece of each other fits
And we’re the only ones that can make sure they don’t fall apart again.
No one else has the same amount of strength we do to be able to hold us together.
But since you won’t let me fix you anymore, I don’t know what to do.
You’ll just cut yourself on the jagged edges trying to put yourself back together.
It won’t stick unless I’m there to hold it permanently.
I’m getting tired of holding on.
I’m getting tired of the glue wearing off.
I’m getting tired of watching you demolish yourself repeatedly.
I’m getting tired of being knocked down with you.
I don’t know what to do anymore.
I just want it to stop.
I just want you to let us hold each other together.
I want you to let us fix ourselves so we never have to shatter again.
I can’t keep doing this by myself.
MAKE ME ADMIT STUFF
- 1. How many bruises on you right now?
- 2. You talked to an ex today, correct?
- 3. Have you stayed in a hospital?
- 4. Is trust a big issue for you?
- 5. Did you hang out with the person you like recently?
- 6. What are you excited for?
- 7. What happened tonight?
- 8. Do you think it’s disgusting when girls get really wasted?
- 9. Is confidence cute?
- 10. What is the last beverage you had?
- 11. How many people of the opposite sex do you fully trust?
- 12. Do you own a pair of skinny jeans?
- 13. What are you gonna do Saturday night?
- 14. What are you going to spend money on next?
- 15. Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
- 16. Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
- 17. Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
- 18. The last time you felt broken?
- 19. Have you had a soft drink today?
- 20. Are you starting to realize anything?
- 21. Are you in a good mood?
- 22. Would you ever want to swim with sharks?
- 23. Are your eyes the same color as your dad’s?
- 24. What do you want right this second?
- 25. What would you say if the person you love/like kissed another girl/boy?
- 26. Is your current hair color your natural hair color?
- 27. Would you be able to date someone who doesn’t make you laugh?
- 28. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
- 29. Do you really, truly miss someone right now?
- 30. Does everyone deserve a second chance?
- 31. Honestly, do you hate the last boy you were talking to?
- 32. Does the person you have feelings for right now, know you do?
- 33. Are you one of those people who never drinks water?
- 34. Listening to?
- 35. Do you ever write in pencil anymore?
- 36. Do you know where the last person you kissed is?
- 37. Do you believe in love at first sight?
- 38. Who did you last call?
- 39. Who was the last person you danced with?
- 40. Why did you kiss the last person you kissed?
- 41. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
- 42. Did you hug/kiss one of your parents today?
- 43. Ever embarrass yourself in front of a crush?
- 44. Do you tan?
- 45. If you could, would you take back your last kiss?
- 46. Did you talk to someone until you fell asleep last night?
- 47. Who was the last person to call you?
- 48. Do you sing in the shower?
- 49. Do you dance in the car?
- 50. Ever used a bow and arrow?
- 51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
- 52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
- 53. Is Christmas stressful?
- 54. Ever eat a pierogi?
- 55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
- 56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
- 57. Do you believe in ghosts?
- 58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
- 59. Take a vitamin daily?
- 60. Wear slippers?
- 61. Wear a bath robe?
- 62. What do you wear to bed?
- 63. First concert?
- 64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
- 65. Nike or Adidas?
- 66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
- 67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
- 68. Favorite Taylor Swift song?
- 69. Ever take dance lessons?
- 70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
- 71. Can you curl your tongue?
- 72. Ever won a spelling bee?
- 73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
- 74. What is your favorite book?
- 75. Do you study better with or without music?
- 76. Regularly burn incense?
- 77. Ever been in love?
- 78. Who would you like to see in concert?
- 79. What was the last concert you saw?
- 80. Hot tea or cold tea?
- 81. Tea or coffee?
- 82. Favorite type of cookie?
- 83. Can you swim well?
- 84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
- 85. Are you patient?
- 86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
- 87. Ever won a contest?
- 88. Ever have plastic surgery?
- 89. Which are better black or green olives?
- 90. Opinions on marriage?
- 91. Best room for a fireplace?
- 92. Do you want to get married?